Developing and sustaining the indigenous health agenda at the University of Otago
Professor Peter Crampton is Pro-Vice Chancellor of the Division of Health Sciences, and Dean of the Faculty of Medicine, for the University of Otago, New Zealand. He is a public health medicine physician. His research is focused on social indicators, social epidemiology and health care policy. When not at work he is kept busy with his family, riding his mountain bike, climbing mountains, and playing music (amongst other things).
**** For those planning to attend remotely, Online Connection Instructions:
We use Adobe Connect web-conferencing to broadcast our seminars online.
* Traditional computers: use Mozilla Firefox (version 3 or above) or Microsoft Internet Explorer (version 7 or above).
* Adobe Flash Player is also required; download it at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer
* iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad: please download the Adobe Connect Mobile app from the Apple App Store.
* Android phones and tablets: please download the Adobe Connect Mobile app from the Android Market.
Login using this address:
To login to a seminar using Adobe Connect:
* Go to the Adobe Connect login site (http://webinarfomubc.adobeconnect.com/pcrampton_7feb2012/)
* Enter as a Guest. Please ensure that you enter your full real name, as we need this to verify remote attendance.
* Click on "Enter room." You will be placed into a queue, awaiting approval from the seminar assistant.
Communicating in Adobe Connect:
* You will be able to view the presentation, hear the presenter, as well as text-chat with the seminar assistants in the chat box at the bottom of the screen. You will not be able to ask verbal questions. If you have a question for the presenter, please type it into the chat screen and it will be read aloud during the Q&A portion of the seminar.