Population Data BC is home to one of the world's largest collections of health care, health services and population health data. These data includes longitudinal, person-specific, de-identified health data on BC's four million residents, from 1985 forward.
Data currently available through Population Data BC includes data from: BC Ministry of Health Services, BC Vital Statistics Agency, WorkSafeBC, Human Early Learning Partnership, BC Cancer Agency, Perinatal Services BC and Edudata Canada (for linked data only).
Aimed at population health researchers this workshop will cover:
• Population Data BC and the role of the Researcher Liaison team
• The processes behind data access, a project’s life cycle
• Timelines, costs and budgeting
• Privacy and security requirements
• Resources to aid data access
A follow up workshop is planned which will focus, in detail, on how to complete a Data Access Request.
More information on Population Data BC